How to Apply?Application Criteria:
Applicants need to be graduates of high school equivalent to Turkish high schools, or in the last year of such a high school. Applicants who have not yet received their high school diploma may only get a conditional acceptance.
Prospective students may apply with an acceptable high school diploma (those in the last year of high school, with their transcript), international diploma (such as IB, Abitur etc), national high school exit/university entrance examination score, or with an international university entrance examination score (such as SAT, GCE, ACT). The full list of acceptable diplomas/examination and their minimum scores is available on the university’s website.
Applicants should complete the online application form. Applicants need to attach the following documents:
- Copy of the identity information page of their passport
- Passport style (portrait) photograph
- High school diploma (if available)
- High school transcript
- Any recognized high school exit/university entrance examination score result, if available
- Proof of English proficiency, if available
- Statement of motivation
MEF University is an English medium university. All programs apart from Law are 100% in English. The Law program is 30% in English.
Students need to demonstrate their English proficiency before beginning in the academic programs. The level of English proficiency required is equivalent to TOEFL iBT 80. Only internationally or nationally recognized examinations are accepted as proof of proficiency. The recognized examinations and their equivalences are as follows:
|TOEFL iBT: 80|
|PTE ACADEMIC: 59||CAE: C||CPE: C|
|UDS, KPDS, YDS (Turkish governmental examinations): 67|
Applicants, who do not have acceptable proof of English proficiency at the time of application or university enrollment, sit the MEF University English Language Placement and Proficiency Examination. Students who do not pass the Proficiency Examination will need to study in the MEF University English Language Preparatory Program till they meet the required level.
Applicants to the Law program who are not native Turkish speakers or graduates of Turkish medium high school are required to present proof of Turkish language proficiency (TÖMER C).
The acceptance decisions are given to the applicants meeting the application criteria based on the relative merit of applications. Applicants are informed about their acceptance decision and scholarship offer, and asked to confirm their intention to enroll with a payment of deposit of USD 1000* on the university’s bank account. The deposit is counted towards the first semester’s tuition fee but is non-refundable in case of non-enrolment. After payment of the deposit, an official letter of acceptance is issued.
*Students from visa-applied countries are required to pay the full tuition fee (4000 USD).
Accepted students will make their university enrolment during the dates announced by the university on its website. The following documents are required for the university enrollment:
- Original of high school diploma and its notarized Turkish translation if it is not issued in Turkish or English
- High School Diploma Equivalency Certificate from the Turkish Ministry of Education (or Educational Attaché of Turkish Consulate)
- Original of high school transcript
- Original score card of test scores (high school exit/university entrance) used to support the application, if any
- Photocopies of the applicant's passport identification information page
- 4 passport size (4.5 x 6 cm) photos (taken in the last 6 months, clearly identifying the person)
- Receipt of tuition fee payment
- Original score card of recognized language proficiency exam (if available)
Applicants who fail to complete the enrolment process within the announced dates or to provide the required documents, forfeit their right to study at MEF University.